We are looking for a dedicated Public Relations intern to join our buzzing and growing team.
Our internship program is designed to aid in building the leaders of tomorrow in the Public Relations field. Interns are given the opportunity to have first-hand experience with the fast-paced PR industry. Whether you are looking to gain PR experience or seeking college credit, our goal is to foster a cooperative learning process for our interns by not only allowing them to be observers, but participants.
As the PR intern, you will gain valuable, on-the-job experience in a fast-paced, creative environment. You'll get to interact members of the media, vendors and brands as they relate to all things public relations.
By the completion of this internship, you will have a portfolio of contacts, developed a 30+ page PR strategy and be prepared for a full-time position in the PR world through the contacts you will make as well. Almost guaranteed placement at completion at major PR house or inhouse with brand.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Press tracking and organization of press reports and recaps
- Media outreach and coordination
- Contributing to pitch and partnership ideas
- Building and researching new media contacts and lists
- Media relations, including drafting pitches, outreach and list coordination
- Research and maintain a master calendar of on-going awards, conferences and applicable events
- Event support, including building guest lists and working on-site
- Assist in building communications collateral, such as one-sheets and media briefing documents
Qualifications and Skills
You are our ideal candidate if you:
- have strategic media relations know-how
- are an independent worker
- have the best organizational skills of anyone you know
- love to think creatively
- you’re not afraid to speak up with a fresh idea.
- are a lover of all things digital, know the media landscape like the back of your hand, and are up to speed on who the newest and coolest tastemakers are in the fashion and lifestyle space. Before the internship is over, you will have worked on several big initiatives, events, and projects and will walk away with some serious skills on all things communications.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org