Looking for a fashion production intern to join our new and growing team in Brooklyn!
You will serve as the point person between internal departments and external vendors.
This entry-level job is a valuable learning experience, serving as preparation for more advanced roles in the fashion industry.
I am a hat maker and will be selling my own line and other brands (not hats) in a new, beautiful, workshop and retail space.
In addition, we will be private labeling hats for other companies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Closely monitoring the production calendar to meet deadlines, preparing shipments and tracking samples are some of their everyday duties.
- Sourcing materials from abroad + garment district
- Assisting with actual production of hats
- Provide support in all production fittings
- Maintain office fabric and trim inventory and pattern archive
- Source trims locally as needed
- Assist in compiling mood-board/art research
- Assist with in-store visitors: helping select styles, educating customers on different hat options
- Communicates with overseas teams in order to stay up-to-date on deliveries and communicates any changes in deliveries to Sales.
- Assists with special requests including tracking samples for PR and influencers
- Assist at events and with guests in shop
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be well educated on fabrics
- Navigating the garment district bonus
- Must have exceptional sewing skills
- Hat making skills bonus
- Computer skills
- Work well with others and have a positive attitude!
Please submit your resume to email@example.com