Seeking a hard-working and creative design assistant passionate about fashion, hats and learning about our exciting industry.
The fashion design intern will work directly with the owner + production team.
This position will be a great learning experience and an eye into how a functioning design studio operates.
Looking for someone to start immediately as an intern and hopefully grow into full time assistant to designer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creating/ maintaining presentation/ inspiration boards
- Maintain and organize fabric library
- Help with market research
- Preparation of tech packages
- Hand sewing, sewing skills bonus
- Assist the design team on daily operations
- Keep track of development charts and daily updates
- Trim sourcing
- Archiving trim library and keeping trims organized
- Work directly with assistant designer as needed with mood boards, flats and distributing documents
- General organization & maintenance of samples and other relevant information
- Able to cut fabrics and make patterns.
- Strong foundation and understanding of the design process
- Ability to be proactive when coming across questions and finding the self motivation to seek solutions
-Willingness to do the "little things" to further improve the efficiency of our environment (cleaning, organizing etc)
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have general knowledge of apparel industry and fabrics.
- Must have strong organizational, and communication skills.
- Must be enrolled in a fashion design curriculum and internship program.
- Candidate must be available to work at least 10-15 hours per week, available 2-3 days per week
- Apparel / milliner design student or recent graduate
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with a very can do attitude
- Familiarity within the NYC garment district is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated and organized with good time management skills
- Candidate should be able to work well with data/charts along with more creative tasks
- Proficiency in Adobe systems
- Work well in a small team
- Strong hand sewing and sewing machine skills
- Must love hats :)
Please submit your resume + any portfolio work to firstname.lastname@example.org